Regain Your Active Life
We want to see all our patients attain and maintain a level of wellness care. This is when your body is fully healed and only needing maintenance adjustments. It is still recommended to come in for periodic adjustments to keep things running smoothly. This requires a quick visit 1-4 times per month based on your lifestyle and goals.
What is Back Pain?
Since back pain is the leading cause of disability worldwide, it is vital to know how to prevent the cause of back pain. By maintaining a healthy diet and weight, remaining active and avoiding prolonged inactivity or bed rest are all important ways to avoid back pain. Before doing exercises or any physical activity, it is recommended to warm up and/or stretch.
Symptoms of Back Pain
- Dull or sharp pain in the back
- Stiffness or tension in the muscles
- Limited range of motion
- Pain that radiates to the buttocks, legs, or feet
- Muscle spasms
- Tingling or numbness in the legs
- Difficulty standing or walking
Risk Factors of Back Pain
- Age (most common in people over 30)
- Poor posture
- Lack of exercise
- Heavy lifting or repetitive bending
Possible causes of back pain include poor posture, muscle strain, herniated discs, spinal stenosis, degenerative disc disease, and osteoarthritis.